About: The conference is planned by Executive Council and Committee members of LSPA. All sessions have NASP documented credits for professional development offered for registered participants. LSPA membership is provided in conference registration for those who desire membership.
Call for Papers: This will be made available for membership and fellow professionals. Students can submit for paper or poster sessions. The poster sessions is often a student competition.
Exhibits: Exhibitors and advertisers will have an opportunity to set up displays for our conference attendees.
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
1521 W Pinhook Road
Lafayette, LA 70503
(337) 253-6111 Phone
The 38th Annual LSPA Conference: November 7-9, 2018
Stronger Together: A Focus on the Multidisciplinary Team
KEYNOTE: Lisa Kelly-Vance, PhD NASP President
LUNCHEON: Speaker Jamie Wong, LADOE Special Education
- Sip & See Poster Symposium (Student Poster Competition)
- Louisiana Job Fair
- Student Forum
- Student Reception: Lisa Kelly-Vance, PhD, NASP President
- NEW Regional Round-tables: Meet by region to discuss current local issues. The Regional round-tables will problem solve current issues at the local level. Opportunities for networking and communication with LSPA leadership will be provided to strengthen the field of school psychology within the state. **CPDs will be provided.**
- President's Strand: The Multidisciplinary Team- Sessions led by multidisciplinary team members across Louisiana to strengthen our knowledge of each specialty area, assessment, and team collaboration
- Grant Writing for School Psychologists: Leslie Paige, NASP President-Elect
- Suicide in Schools: Scott Poland
- School Crisis- Ethical & Legal Issues: Scott Poland
- Ethics Showcase: Ethics Committee Chairperson Laurie Klose
- Report Writing Session: Jeanne Anne Carriere
- Hot Topics in Special Education & Sectional 504 Law: Wayne Stewart
LOG IN FIRST: Remember, you must be logged in to get a member rate. Membership dues are included with the full conference price.
AFFILIATES: Friends of the field of school psychology. Affiliate members have limited privileges and access to meetings/minutes.
NEW GROUP RATE: If your organization/school district has 3+ non-school psychologists (affiliates) attending, you may register for a group rate. This rate is $300/affiliate. This is only applicable for registrations received by October 1, 2018.
- Presentations: The LSPA Executive Council is soliciting specific proposals from members and guests for presentations related to the practice of school psychology. If you would like to present at the 2018 conference, complete the Call for Presentation Submission. When submitting your presentations for upload on the Members Only Section of the LSPA website, you must follow the Instructions for Handouts & Slides. Deadline for presentation submission is September 7, 2018. Limited Presentation Slots Available.
- Posters: Sip & See Poster Symposium (Student Poster Competition). Complete the Call for Student Posters. Applications will be due October 1, 2018.
SCHOLARSHIPS/AWARDS: Instructions for nominating will be posted soon. Deadline for submission is October 1, 2018.
Event Contact: Laura Maciaszek LSPA Conference Chair
DoubleTree by Hilton
1521 West Pinhook Road
Lafayette, Louisiana 70503
(337) 235-6111 Phone
(337) 237-6313 Fax
SPECIAL LSPA Negotiated Discount: Guest rooms at only $126 (Double) & $136 (King) per night when booked no later than October 24, 2018 using Code: LSP. Book early to reserve your room. Book Early!
**NEW REFUND POLICY: PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING! The deadline for refunds is October 24, 2018. After October 24, 2018. NO refunds will be given.**
The 37th Annual LSPA Conference: Nov 8-10, 2017
Supporting Schools: Tools You Can Use
- School Psych of the Year: Jeremy Babb, Iberia Parish
- Lifetime Achievement: Gordon Upton
- The EC Member of the Year: Stacey Johnson
- The "Got Your Back" Award: Amber Boykin (President's award)
- Will Bergeron Memorial Scholarship: Haley Walker from LSUS
- Dr. Conni Patterson Scholarship: Katie Simon from Tulane
- Dr. Larry Stout Memorial Scholarship: Anna Schech from Nicholls